Re: I want to upgrade my kernel but I couldn't

My Inbox Happily Received This From Yaser Al-Jarbou @ Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:43:06 -0700 (PDT)

> Salam to all brothers
>
> I want to upgarde my kernel which is 2.4.18 to the
> latest thing 2.4.19.
>
> But every time I recompile my kernel, it crashed. I
> don't know why?
crash while booting ?
the exact error please ;)

> I use the following command:
>
> 1. make dep bzImage modules

make dep clean bzImage modules

> 2. make modules_install
>
> 3. cp bzimage to /boot/bzimage-2.4.19
>
> 4. edit /etc/lilo.conf
>
> 5. lilo
>
> 6. init 6
>
> I use Redhat 7.3, but when I refer to
> Kernel-install-HOWTO they mention the /usr/src/linux
> directory which is not found in Redhat. I found
> /usr/src/redhat.
/usr/src/redhat is the place where the RPMs are kept
/usr/src/linux is where you uncompressed your kernal source

--
-- Katoob Main Developer