Re: help instructions

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 12:06:19AM +0000, Ahmad Al-Twajry wrote:
> So you think that Kmail set the message to cp-1256 and keep the body in UTF-8?
>
> Too many people in the lest have the same problem (reading UTF-8 message) , am
> I right ?

Okay, looks like Nadim has done all the research on the subject (so thanks).
Messages coming from you include a CP-1256 subject. This causes our mail
archiver (MHonarc) to output it out as garbage. Now MHonarc is set to treat
subjects as utf-8.

So, that fixes the initial problem. Or at least, from our side. If you wish to
use Arabic on the subject line, or even your name, please do make sure it is
all in UTF-8 encoding. Thanks to Nadim for hunting that answer out ;)

This also means that something needs to be done about KMail's behavior.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=elzubeir