Re: How to view Arabic files names in linux (encoding problem)

Salaam Alaikum,
Thanks a lot Mohamed Eldesoky. It's solved though I couldn't manage to
retrieve my favorites because, I think, transferring the files before doing
this procedure has corrupted the file names. But no problem I will do it
manually and learn a new lesson in keeping backups of backups.

Thanks also to Isam Bayazidi though it doesn't work on Mandrake 9.0 as simple
as this. The "export LC_ALL=ar_EG.UTF-8" option in ar.sh is essential as
Eldesoky pointed out in the nice article. You are great people. Keep on the
good work and God bless you all.
Eid Mubarak

وتقبل الله منا ومنكم الصيام والقيام