From: Mohammed Elzubeir <elzubeir at arabeyes dot org>
To: general at arabeyes dot org <general at arabeyes dot org>
Subject: Re: Starting KDE3
Date: 04-24-02 11:30

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 07:18:13PM +0800, info at saudiabm dot com wrote:
&gt; Al Salam Alycom Wa Rahamt Allah
&gt;
&gt; I download the source code of kde3 (from ftp.isu.net.sa) and I compile
all
&gt; the source and everything ok , but I want know to start kde3 , I logout
&gt; see if I will find kde3 in the login menu , but I did not see it .
&gt;
&gt; Any One can Help Me ?
&gt;
&gt; I have mandrake 8.2 (and I have kde 2.2.2)
&gt;

This is because your desktop manager (xdm,gdm,kdm) does not know about
KDE3 yet. Which one are you using?

Any Mandrake users want to give quick hints?

later