Re: AINC: we need help!

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 04:56:02PM +0430, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> As it goes, the Arabic Internet Names Consortium, seriously needs some
> technical people. AINC just met in Tunisia (http://www.ainc.tn/), and I
> found only two other people technical enough to be able to find about the
> exact problems of the Arabic Script in Internationalized Domain Names.
>
> Currently, AINC (http://www.arabicdomainname.org/) actually consists of
> managers of Arab countries ccTLD managers, and some companies who provide
> non-standard Arabic Domain Name solutions. There are also individual
> members, which I am one of.
>   http://www.minc.org/ml/subscribe.html
>
> If you wish to become a member, you should fill and fax the Letter of
> Intent, from:
>
> 	http://www.arabicdomainname.org/LetterOfIntent-v1.3.PDF

Roozbeh,

Thanks for the links. Navigating through their website has not been a
good experience for me.. a lot of links are broken and sometimes I'm not
sure where it's taking me. It's very confusing.

I can see you are the chair of ASBL (Arabic Script Based Languages)
committee ;)

After looking at the PDF link above, I realized that there are fees for
membership, which unfortunately we cannot afford. As you may know,
Arabeyes is a non-profit volunteer based project, and so our funds are
severely limited.

As it is, I am not sure how exactly are we to help, other than subscribe
to their lists and give our opinions/suggestions on various things that
come across. If that is the intent, then will do, otherwise please
clarify.

Thanks