Help with Universities

I wanted to broach a subject that a few of us dealing more intimately
with Arabeyes have been pondering and wondering about for awhile.

  How to engage and solicit more Arabs and/or Arabic interested parties
  to assist in the various development efforts (in all fields and not just
  translation - specifically software development (C/C++/Lisp/Java/etc)) ?

If one were to look back at how linux and the open source community got
established in the US and elsewhere in the world, one will readily come
to realize that the majority of the work was taken-on by universities and
university students.  As such, I'm inquiring and soliciting opinions on
how to proceed along those lines relating to Arabic and linux/unix.

With the current academic year coming to a close soon, it might be wise
and prudent of us to act in this regard sooner rather than later.  I'm,
thus, asking for everyone's help in this regard,

 1. Names and Email addresses of various professors (both in the Arab
    world and outside of it) that might be willing to listen to why
    linux is of intense benefit to them as a teaching and learning
    tool and how Arabic fits into it.  I'd like to impress upon these
    professors/deans/chairpersons/etc linux's viability as a graduate-level
    research instrument and the benefits it brings.

 2. Names and Email addresses of students (both in the Arab world and
    outside of it) that might be willing to see how working on various
    short-termed projects is of benefit to them and their communities
    alike.  Eager students with academic knowledge are often drawn to
    real-world problems; they're looking to utilize what they've learned
    and to further along their skills and knowledge.  I'd like to impress
    upon these students the benefits of working with Arabeyes (on any
    project of their choosing) and to imprint into them the long-term
    advantages such collaboration brings to all.

 3. Names and Email addresses of people that might be willing to solicit
    help on Arabeyes' behalf with either their own university's professors
    or universities that are close to them on a face-to-face (in person :-)
    basis.

 4. Ideas on how best to publicize Arabeyes' efforts in hopes of reaching
    the above noted intended audience.

To reiterate, I would really like to get your help regarding this matter.
Your comments are, as always, welcomed.  If the contact information is
deemed too personal, please email me privately.  Arabeyes is well aware
that there is a large number of Arabic (or Arabic-aware) software student
population out there and is simply trying to extend its arms to them in
hopes of further building this grass-roots efforts.

Best Regards,