Re: Islamic fonts (was - help!!!!)

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:38:40 -0700 (PDT),
  "muslim mahmood" <muslim444 at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> I asked for fonts that contains the Ninety-Nine Names of
> Allah (Most Gracious), but not a reply. Please anyone with
> an idea where to find the fonts?

I did a "google" search (Islamic fonts, art, calligraphy, etc) and here
is what I came up with,

NOTE: The links noted are filled with downloadable fonts that need to be
      looked into (ie. I don't know if they contain what you are looking
      for, but its a start -- make sure to check Arabeyes' resource page
      for the various conversion tools for the various formats available).

  http://www.ummah.net/islamloads/apps3.htm
  http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~luc/arab.html
  http://www.mazar.click2site.com/download/fonts.htm

If you don't find what you are looking for (and its rather likely),

 a. Search on the various Arabic search engines
 b. Post and inquire within the various Islamic websites
 c. Convince some of the author's of the current Arabic fonts
    to undertake this new project
 c. Start creating (or compiling) your own if you are artistic

If you do come up with a solution in the future (or find the fonts),
do please drop us a line.