[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Debian on PowerPC & BIDI
- To: general at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: Debian on PowerPC & BIDI
- From: Ahmad Al-rasheedan <asr at baldi dot cc>
- Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 01:04:39 +0300
Couple days I installed Debain 'woody' on my PowerMac. I noticed 2 things
that are different from 'woody' on the Intel platform.
1) CVS'ed Mozilla shows Arabic character but no BIDI?
2) 'konqueror' doesn't even show Arabic fonts but rather
boxes for Arabic fonts.
I wonder if Debian 'woody' on the PPC needs something extra? Am I wasting
my time on PPC since there isn't enough audiance on the platform & Linux?
PS - TrueType fonts were installed to no avail.