Debian on PowerPC & BIDI

Greetings all.

Couple days I installed Debain 'woody' on my PowerMac. I noticed 2 things
that are different from 'woody' on the Intel platform.

1) CVS'ed Mozilla shows Arabic character but no BIDI?
2) 'konqueror' doesn't even show Arabic fonts but rather
boxes for Arabic fonts.

I wonder if Debian 'woody' on the PPC needs something extra? Am I wasting
my time on PPC since there isn't enough audiance on the platform & Linux?

PS - TrueType fonts were installed to no avail.
--
Ahmad Al-rasheedan