Re: QaMoose Dictionary released!

On Tue, 06 Nov 2001 12:53:40 +0100
 "Chahine M. Hamila" wrote:

> ??name?? <webmaster -at- re-flex.f2s.com> wrote:
>
> > i've checked this http://www.dict.org/rfc2229.txt for more info about
> > dict protocol ... implementing a dict server and client for the arabic
> > QaMoose would be very important in my opinion.

I don't disagree, but how do you see it being "very important" ?

> The idea we discussed was easier than making QaMoose a DICT server. It
> was simply about creating a script that would run regularily to transform
> QaMoose data in dictd server data format. It's actually pretty trivial for
> anyone who's got some basics of programming, but we are in a dire shortage
> of developers.

I'll add a note in the TODO file in QaMoose, but as Chahine so eloquently
put it, we definitely need more developer volunteers.  I would suggest
starting a new thread on 'developer at arabeyes.org' about the technical
issues relating to this topic.

While on this issue, we are also seeking a means of retaining a list of
all Arabic words (for our ispell and spell-checker project).  The 'dict
protocol' could certainly provide a wider means to have more people
participate in building that word-list (ie. not only computer and/or
technically related terms that concern QaMoose), any thoughts ?