[doc] Fwd: possible Arabic translation help?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Franklin <pf dot 98052 at gmail dot com>
Date: Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 9:33 PM
Subject: possible Arabic translation help?
To: contact at arabeyes dot org
Cc: pf dot 98052 at gmail dot com

Hello,

I looked at your web site but I cannot tell whether
you might be able to help us.

So I apologize for bothering you if your group or
your members don't do what I am looking for.

Basically, I am a volunteer at an open-source
genealogy project (gramps-project.org), and for
over a decade we have produced an open-source
program (gramps) for anybody who wants to do
genealogy.  It runs on Windows, Mac, and linux.

We had two volunteer translators translate our
English strings into Arabic, over the years, but
both of them are very busy and are not able to
do any more translating for us.

So our Arabic translation is about 50-percent
complete and I'm wondering if your group or one
of your volunteers(?) might be willing to help us.
Whether partially or more completely.

I would especially appreciate it if somebody
would be willing to generate the six plural forms
for our "plural" strings, since our last Arabic
translator pointed out that our Python code did
not allow for such things, but after I changed
the "ngettext" calls into something which is said
to allow it, he informed me (a year or two ago)
that his time commitments no longer enabled
him to do any more translating for us.

I haven't looked at the issue since then, but I
might be able to find his old proposed "six
plural forms" translation file, which was never
implemented (since the strings changed some),
if that would make it easier for one of your
people to help us.

If this isn't something you or your people do,
again I apologize for bothering you.

Thank you.