[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [doc] Dolphin, again !!
- To: Documentation and Translation <doc at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: [doc] Dolphin, again !!
- From: Zayed Al-Saidi <zayed dot alsaidi at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 09:16:59 +0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=7IJgZvA1dZ+pBNEh45zbCSVo+lKGkFdBcFPMEV2ule8=; b=WqcwtoWkJUHwJX3zjdNv9XxPBLqvf35L6e0Qxtfg7ejbrEt1SoT1mxSBZLAVnxZGG0 6kjFUEmrcHIrYhojUT4gnczZ2CGee0KwjKqiIjVhE9kUicfqBMzx2gWLZESqPD55/fTL DSe4oBLBCgUFbs3OcU5XrwnzAJ/qKtpoHm18w=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=jQ6KK43Iz/GkQhj1Pc3xvUC9i4FNqN07OP1WKIYIRKZZOIpmfY4xOtIXdtSAm6KyDz eBQlH4awpMPElHxSyx4IyrQZm2IOqiwVZ0b3KRN2og7UZ4ARjy/xUZTuQO/hJOtYYpX/ hn3mt8V5gBwdP83jyMY/UkPBYB/igWfZ2K0jc=
Before I comment, please double check with Youssf to coordinate which file to translate.
On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 3:48 AM, abed fa <abdilra7eem at yahoo dot com>
I am translating dolphin, and here is what I have finished already:|
I'm still working on it, but there are a few problems, here are some:
1. no unified translation for "selection", it's sometimes "اختيار", "تحديد"، انتقاء", and even "ضبط" (I find انتقاء & اختيار much better than the rest!). Which one should I use?
This one is hard :). I used to translate it as "انتقاء" "انتق" but I use it in the real real world I feel it is weird. Then I try to change it to "اختيار" اختر" . It is far better than "انتق". And yes you can use "اختر" for select and choose. Please see this:
|2. what can I translate "Link Destination" to?|
|4. Should I use "يجري تنفيذ" or "جاري تنفيذ" for the -ing form? or should I use "تنفيذ"? (I prefer the first!)|
what about "ينفذ" for example " downloading" ---> "ينزل". Simple and less words.
|5. "Successfully copied" >> "تم النسخ بنجاح" or "نُسِخَ بنجاح"?? (I prefer the first!)|
The second is better. It is more فصيح
This is the translation is for the last stable version, and I will use it as a translation memory for
the next version.
Please leave both versions of "Dolphin" for me. I will translate them!
The final work should be ready by tomorrow.
Doc mailing list
Doc at arabeyes dot org