[doc] [Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar at debian dot org>] Call for translations: Release announcement

Does someone have some time for this?

----- Forwarded message from Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar at debian dot org> -----

From: Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar at debian dot org>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:59:23 +0100
To: debian-i18n at lists dot debian dot org
Subject: Call for translations:  Release announcement
	tests=[BAYES_00=-2, FOURLA=0.1, LDO_WHITELIST=-5,
	MURPHY_DRUGS_REL8=0.02, UNWANTED_LANGUAGE_BODY=0.03,
	URI_NO_WWW_INFO_CGI=3.138]

[ Sorry if you get that mail twice; I'm trying to get as much
  translations as possible, therefore some BCCs ]

Hi!

Attached you'll find the final draft for the release announcement for
lenny. There are no changes in the content planed any more, only
corrections for spelling, grammar and maybe style, so that's the perfect
moment to start translating the announcement.

As explained in [1] we'll need in the end the translated wml file and a
text version to be send to your localised debian-news-LANG or
debian-users-LANG mailing list.

If you finish the translation of the wml file before Saturday 14:00 UTC
please sent it to me, so I can make sure all the announcements reach the
website in a coordinated way and are available as soon the release is ready.

Regarding the text versions send to the mailing list:  If your list is
moderated (all debian-news-LANG lists and I think some
debian-users-LANG) I would appreciate to get a contact person to ping
when the mail should be sent out; if your list is not moderated (you
don't have a debian-news-LANG list and your debian-user-LANG list is not
moderated) you may send me your translated text version, too and I'll
send can send it out for (unless you fear a latin1 charset user might
break your characters).

The current estimation for the announcement to be sent out is Sunday the
15th early morning UTC wise; I'll try to keep the contact people I get
up to date should that shift (which is possible), so they don't have to
stay nearby the computer all the time (after all it's - depending on
your time zone - valentines day or Sunday).

The most recent version of the announcement is available at [2]; but as
said, there are no major changes planed.  Should be interested in
changes you can use the web frontend at [3] (you got revision 91; you
can also show the differences between the revisions there).

I'll add the translations I got to my subversion repository at [4];
shouldn't it not appear there and I didn't react on your mail, PLEASE
PING ME!  Last time I lost some translations due to my spam filter; even
while weakening the filter a lot it is possible that I missed your mail
somehow. (I'm very sorry should that happen.)

Should there be any questions left, feel free to mail me or ping me on IRC.

Best regards,
  Alexander

Links:
  1: http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2009/02/msg00076.html