Re: [doc] why Arabic is dropped from KDE 4.1

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
> are we going to run into KDE vs. GNOME and I like gnome and let KDE
> burn in hell ...
> just like you tell me about fedora and mandriva

I think the main reasons for a translation not being done is not *that*
ideological. Time is precious. One will start to work on things he uses
daily. Motivating someone to work on something he will never see the
effects is a bit difficult.

That's what FLOSS is all about : benevolent work.

And that's the difficulty of benevolent work : you can't force anyone
to work on anything. You can just try to encourage them to contribute
and contribute yourself.

Turning the debate into "let KDE burn in hell" and "just like you tell
me about fedora and mandriva" is just negating those simple facts.
If you use this kind of "encouragement", I doubt you'll find people
motivated. I hope I am mistaken, for the sake of KDE's, Fedora's and
other soft's Arabic translations.

--
Mohammed Adnčne Trojette