Compiling minbar on windows (was : Re: Is minbar written in python?)

Salam,

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:54:58 -0800
"zabeeh khan" <zabeehkhan at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Yeah..I want to try it brother. Please give me the instructions!
Here you go :

I used the mingw cross-compiler (packages.debian.org/mingw32) to compile it on
my debian system, so there may be some differences. I'll assume you installed
Mingw and MSYS.
minbar's dependencies are : gtk/glade, the ITL, and gstreamer or xine.

The current version of the ITL won't cross compile from debian, I've
made a modified version of the itl library using automake. You can find it
here : http://abderrahim.arablug.org/libitl-0.7.tar.gz
you should have no problem compiling this with './configure && make && make
install'

You can get gtk/glade from http://gladewin32.sf.net (I installed using wine),
the site seem to be empty now, you can go to the project page
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gladewin32/
here is a direct link
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gladewin32/gtk-dev-2.10.11-win32-1.exe
(install in MSYS_ROOT/usr/local

I (cross-)compiled gstreamer myself (but was unable to compile the plugins and
minbar couldn't play Athan), you can get it from here :
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/modules/ (you'll need gstreamer and base
plugins)

xine has some instructions for building with mingw
http://xine.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/xine/xine-lib/doc/README.WIN32
you can get it from here http://xinehq.de/index.php/releases (you need only
xine-lib)

The advantage of using xine is that you can use any file format supported by
xine for athan, while using gstreamer limits you to ogg.

After downloading and installing all of that, you should be able to compile
minbar with : ./configure --enable-relative-filenames

If you have any problem, I'm here to help :-)

Abderrahim