Re: question

"In software, a stack overflow occurs when too much memory is used on
the call stack. The call stack contains a limited amount of memory,
usually determined at the start of the program, and depends on the
language, computer, and amount of available memory. When too much
memory is used (i.e. when the program tries to access memory that is
outside the region reserved for the call stack), the stack is said to
"overflow", typically resulting in program crash if no provision is
made for this occurrence in the program. Stack overflows can occur
either because too many functions functions are called (and haven't
finished) in a computer program, or a function allocates too much
space for automatic variables."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stack_overflow

From the Unified Dictionary of Computer Science terms (Because there
is one :) ):