Re: An Interface for the techdict

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 07:21:48PM +0200, Mohamed Magdy wrote:
> Salam!
>
> The techdict & qamoose are becoming a nice resources as you all know..
>
> The dumps Djihed is making are great (pdf,csv,po), but they aren't as
> convenient as a program with an input box and 'find' button...
>
> Would it be possible to write such a program? something people can
> download and use it easily to look up terms (entering an Arabic or
> English gives the opposite)?
>
> Any ideas?

I think the best way is to provide technical dictionary dumps in dict
format (this is already done with wordlist), then you can setup a
local dict server and use clients such as kdict or gnome-dictionary as
an interface to it, also there are several programs that can use dict
formated dictionaries.

this how-to might help in dict server thing http://eglug.org/Dict
--
Khaled Hosny

Egyptian GNU/Linux user
Member of Arabeyes translation team [www.arabeyes.org]
My Blog: [www.khaledhosny.org]

Support Free Knowledge [ar.wikipedia.org]