Re: Pysycache : translation evolution

I just downloaded pysycache and tested Arabic, it is completely unreadable:
the arabic character are displayed from left to right (arabic is a
right to left language) and there is no shaping of the characters.
I'll try to fix that and realease a patch, but for now don't include
Arabic in the next release until we find a solution to that problem.

2007/4/5, Pysycache - contact <contact dot pysycache at free dot fr>:
Le jeudi 5 avril 2007 11:36, Ahmed MANSOUR a écrit:

[...]

> > I'm unable to test the behavior of pysycache with an arabic keyboad or
> > arabic locale, so if you can/want to test, the sources are availalble
> > here : http://www.pysycache.org/test/en/telechargement2.html
>
> It would be better if you a add a menu in pysycache to switch current
> language rather than to make it based on the locale, that way
> pysycache can be used to teach words in foreign languages.
Yes, by default pysycache use the locale of your computer for detect the lang
of the menus... but you can force it :
- either by changing your preference (lang area), see screenshots :
http://www.pysycache.org/test/en/menu-preferences.html
- either by add the option "-lang=xx_XX" at the launching of pysycache :
http://www.pysycache.org/test/en/installation2b.html

With theses methods, you can see menus in lituanian, italian or finnish... and
listen menus in french, english or lituanian (I have no sounds for other
languages).
I think it's important to have the menus sounds, because the public targeted
(normaly 4-7 ans) doesn't have the capacity to read the menu description...
so if you have time to speech menus too...

For the test in arabic environment, it's only for verify the name input (in
case of best score or pysycache user creation)

best regards,

Vincent DEROO