Re: Doc translator :)

Faris, Salam.

I currently manage the Gnome Translation Team. We are trying to outrun
time to complete Gnome, and your help is so much appreciated. Hope you
stick around :-)

To have an idea where we are ATM, please have a look at the last Gnome
Status message:
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/doc/2006/September/msg00113.html

To start translating, first you need some translation software. Gnome
has gTranslator [1], there is also KBabel,  which seems to be
preferred at Arabeyes.

These programs open .po files which contains the strings to be
translated. To give you a start, please download this file and see how
you can play with it, it is already half translated so you will have
some examples to follow, fuzzy strings need correction and
confirmation:

http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/translate/gnome/desktop/gdm2.HEAD.ar.po?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

As Magdy explained, this file contains a list of already assigned files:

http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/translate/gnome/ASSIGNED?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

Once you completed those files, you can either send them to me
(prefered for now), or if you want, you may learn how to use CVS
(advanced).

The process is still being documented, so if you have any questions,
or if you would like to work on other files please don't hesitate to
email this mailing list. If you find some things confusing, don't
worry, you will learn step by step as you watch the workflow :)

Djihed