Re: Preset

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 15:35, Mohamed Magdy wrote:
> Is it good to translate it into 3 words?
> محدد من قبل
>

> By the way .. I tried to translate as khaled suggested(using the imperative
> form of the word) .. which way is better ?
>
> Mute --> اصمت
> Unmute --> لا تصمت
>
> Mute--> صامت
>
> Unmute--> غير صامت
>
> What do you think?

I prefer not using the imperative form because it sounds harsh. The Masdar
form is polite and neutral. Moreover, the user can be a girl/woman, and اكتب
may sound very bad for her compared with اكتبي, while كتابة is neutral.

Please respect
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/handbook/handbook-en/conduct.html#mailinglists
conducts related to mailing lists?