[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Gnome translation status+schedule.
- To: "Documentation and Translation" <doc at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Gnome translation status+schedule.
- From: "Djihed Afifi" <djihedlists at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 17:32:42 +0100
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=googlemail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=K+4D1iL2vQcwOweuAcWc6aMsOWzq2YymZFqAC/L+Zzyro63l7Zp4+aV7ywWvTaVrgeJAd0k7tgniAIys2XwxWj5nq8TuWTPGBhJCP2o/xK3HraLxrEVUvBqC7WVy0vrcsTetMBOizR4Ut/Ekk9YqAMsNDBglNTj03tR47hBZVoM=
Getting on top of Gnome translation is very important to provide a
full Arabic UI environment for GNU/Linux. During the last couple of
months, Gnome translation made great progress, by translating up to
75% of all strings. Thanks to all contributors and translators who
are/were involved. I have just recently applied to a Gnome CVS
account, once I have it, I will commit all files (there are about 50
of them), and you will see nice stats soon :)
However, the work was huge, we are set to miss Gnome 2.16.0 deadline.
This is no huge loss,
providing that steady and continuous progress is being made. The Gnome
Translation Team is still inviting anyone and everyone who is able to
make a contribution. Just post in this list your desire to tackle jobs
Our Goal is to complete 2.16 ready for 2.16.3 by next February 2006.
As we make progress with translation, we may start embarking on new
sub projects which include:
-Arabic Gnome LiveCD: a demonstration of our work, shouldn't be hard
since Gnome have their LiveCD.
-Arabic Gnome Site: within the Gnome website.
-Translation Audit: at some point, to ensure QA of Arabic gnome,
verification of all terms should be done. This is scheduled when we
get on top of the work.
If you have any ideas/remarks please don't hesitate to chime in. This
info will soon be compiled in our soon-to-be-opened wiki, so stay