[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Invitation to revive OpenOffice.org Arabic translation project
- To: Documentation and Translation <doc at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Invitation to revive OpenOffice.org Arabic translation project
- From: Djihed Afifi <djihedlists at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:34:38 +0000
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=googlemail.com; h=received:subject:from:to:in-reply-to:references:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version:x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; b=AiQ91J/zHUUSlKeBKuT/Q/rvIen4bufCrjj3zBCdzMgEhKSrNIHnYFEpvPJj5bTlULmHZrw1g8Q3xwzcv4sSdBxcPboBbYYQ1jPtpyuMRCEz7rlrtIRB90nFz6+c6FUcyYy9oYJDv2L5Xrj5kwmdJZt40LkezbLTxnF33DtacfQ=
Good job! I'm truly intrigued to see this work being revived. OOo is
really very important, I've lost count of the number of times I had
successfully recommended it to Arabic users.
I may help in some areas. Having worked in managing Gnome for some time
I can say that syncing back and forth between our work and the
mothership can be a real pain and tiring sometimes. I've scripted it all
up with Perl, and it looks like I can easily adjust the script to be
workable enough for you. Please let me know if you would like to go in
this direction :)
For an example of the power of the script, I can sync all files of
Gnome's 250 packages, mail the translation status and stats to this ML,
mail everyone involved with what they have left to translate, etc, all
in no more than 5 commands.
Also, a wiki page (wiki.arabeyes.org) detailing the work where you can
direct potential contributors can do wonders.
Finally, I encourage you to have a look at the technical dictionary,
where we are trying to standardise the terms.
Just my 2 DZ centimes (~ $0.0002). I know that you are a lot more
experienced in this than I am :)
On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 02:58 -0800, Ossama Khayat wrote:
> Salam all,
> I would like to revive the OpenOffice.org project and start working again on the translation. I've got many requests from Arabeyes members and other gentles who would like to work on this project.
> The work plan is simple and straight forward:
> 1. I just a confirmation from who ever is interested to help in translation.
> 2. I'll assign a couple of small files and receive them back for checking.
> 3. We'll coordinate together on weather the work will be committed back to CVS directly or mailed to me
> and then put on CVS.
> 4. I will dedicate an hour or so daily or every other day and be on IRC for any questions related to the
> project or work needed for the project as a whole.
> So, let's work together on making this project again a success and help the community get the benefits from this great project.
> Awaiting your reply,
> - Ossama Khayat
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.
> Doc mailing list
> Doc at arabeyes dot org