Fwd: Inkscape translation

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: matiphas at free dot fr <matiphas at free dot fr>
Date: Jun 21, 2006 6:44 AM
Subject: Inkscape translation
To: contact at arabeyes dot org

Hi,

first i apologize for sending you a general e-mail without being a member of
your team. But on the other hand, this mail focuses on free software
translation.

I'm part of Inkscape translation team, and at the moment, we are finalizing work
for the 0.44 release.
Inkscape is a vector drawing application, aiming at providing free (GPL)
software focused on vector graphics, based on SVG standard (by the W3C) : a kind
of free Illustrator/CorelDraw.

The application is still under development but is already completely usable,
stable and has already received a lot of positive reviews.

At the moment we are very proud of having 18 significantly translated languages,
but of course we'd like to improve this for the next release.
A lot of European languages are signicantly translated, and we would be very
happy to have some more African and Asian translations and be able to bring
Inkscape to some new potential users.
We really hope we can improve this, but need some new volunteers/contributors
able to translate the application to Middle-East/African languages.

Some experience with graphic software is a plus, but Inkscape has a very active
and friendly community and any volunteer can easily find some help on the
mailing-lists or Jabber/IRC.
Plus we (Inkscape translators) are very lucky in that developpers pay a lot of
attention to the interface and generally use explicit strings (thus quite easy
to translate).

If you are interested to help us, you can find here some useful information:
The main web site: www.inkscape.org
We've updated the Translation Information wiki page recently:
www.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Translation_information
The Translator mailing-list:

You can reach the inkscape developers (and some translators) in the channel
#inkscape on freenode.net servers.

Thanks for your time and attention, Best regards,

   matiphas

--
Youcef Rahal