Re: compiling Spanish-Arabic Wordlist. Any help?

> Asalamo Alaikom,
>
> ok guys here is the thing, I wanna compile a worldlist of Spanish-Arabic
> words ( like the one you have English-Arabic wordlist) , how can I do such
> a thing? how should I add the words to the textfile? space-seperated? or as
> csv (commo seperated values) ?
> any steps needed to convert to the format that's readable by dict/dictd??
>

> waiting for your reply, thanks in advance :)
السلام عليكم
From the README file:

-----------
Via dictd
-----------

To prepare all 26 files to be used with a dictd server, one has to
follow these steps:

1) Make sure you have dictd & dictfmt installed on your *nix machine. On
   Debian, run the following command as 'root' to fetch the above from your
   Debian repository

     apt-get install dictd dictfmt

2) Run the 'scripts/po2dictd' script to generate "arabic.dict"
and "arabic.index", the Arabic dictionary and index files.

   the Arabic dictionary and index files.

     http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/translate/wordlist/scripts/

   Those files will be copied to the place where you keep your dictionary
   files under dictd (where dictd stores its dictionary and index files).
   in This case they will be stored in "/usr/share/dictd".

3) Restart your dictd process. On Debian, run the following as 'root':

     /etc/init.d/dictd restart

You can see the results by pointing your dictionary client like kdict
or gdict to the machine running 'dictd' and fetch for and English word
and hope to find a suitable translation.

To ask questions or to inquire about anything related to this project,
subscribe and post to the 'doc' mailing-list (and search its archives),