Re: Translation project

> If the IBM series wasn't under FDL, let's go to this:
>
> http://www.pakscot.org/formsys/Ftp/LPI_102.pdf
>
> LPI 101 is already translated and some chapters of this one (102) as well.
>
> I'd like to invite you to start a cooperative translation project..
>
> Does any one here ready to join?
>
> Best regards,
>
> - Anas R.
>

> ======= At 2006-02-06, 17:10:48 you wrote: =======
>
> >> Dear All,
> >>
> >> Any one have any idea about the license of LPI toturials PDF files from
> >> IBM DeveloperWorks?
> >>
> >> I've asked the author but no answer..
> >>
> >> I'm thinking about translating the whole series to Arabic..
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>
> >> - Anas R.
> >
> >I removed the file to respect copyright. The tutorial is available in the
> >website and requires registering, correct me if I am wrong.
> >The information is very detailled and organized, but I don't that it is
> > free. Mandrake has a tutorial about the use of bash and linux basis, it
> > will be interesting to translate it.

السلام عليكم
How do you think we can coordinate our work?
	I suggest make the translation in XHTML( and CSS after) and publish it in
Arabeyes and then generate PDFs. XHTML is clean, open and easily readable and
distributable. I don't know much about DocBook and TeX, but what I know is
that in the end most similar documentation projects are generated in HTML.
Also, XHTML/CSS allows more artwork and customization, thus DocBook is best
for must-be organised, long books and LPI tutorials aren't so, they are just
like any professional detailled tutorial on the web. Can Arabeyes
coordinators give use some space to publish the documents?

	Concering work coordination, I propose to work separately each one on a PDF
and then each one should read the other translation to discuss terms,
translatons, style ... The work should seem being made by one person.

How much time can you allocate to this work? Personnaly I can only give it 5
hours a week in my usual schedule as I have to complete Mandriva's website
(Pray for me to finish mandriva.com, it's a bit long and boring, I admit).

إن شاء الله

Youssef Chahibi