Re: ما رأيكم بترجمة Cookie= كعكة ؟

well cookie is a small kind of cake AKA biscuites in britain english. i don't know if there is a universal arabic word for biscuites but here we use بسكوته which might be because of the integration of hebrew into our own language.

if you watch a movie like Tomb Raider and you hear lara saying "i just found my cookies" refering to some kind of universal car remote, you know that the word cookie doesn't only mean cake/biscuite in english. now the problem is that in arabic كعكة and سكاكر don't have any similar meanings, on the other hand, it's us(mainly you) who are trying to bring arabic to the computers here, so if we/you have a word that could fit if with changing it's meaning a little bit i'm for it. this is the way how languages evolve.

perhaps سكاكر will fit. As some people noted, it's a very general term and not widely used, we can attatch a new meaning to it if we chose to.

In general i'm in favor of كوكيز but we also want to extend our own language and not only make it dependant on other languages or don't we?

only my 0.02$

PS: for those wondering: my arabic is horrible, my lowest school grade was arabic and i've never written arabic poems nor do i ever intend to.

Afief