Re: Arabic plural forms issues

On Sunday 30 July 2006 18:45, Djihed Afifi wrote:
> Youssef, Abdulaziz,
>
> Considering how the new plural form is different enough from the old
> one that the old translations don't fit *at all* with the new one (we
> have a new form for example for 2 etc), what's the purpose of
> scripting change since they will always end up having to be tweaked by
> hand anyway?
>
> I propose leaving changing the files to the translators, to be done by
> hand, because that has to be done anyway. Plus building a reliable
> script that will do the work will consume much needed time and might
> not yeild a satisfying result.
>
> I've been thinking about this for some time and it just begged me to ask.
السلام عليكم
I have no knowledge in scripting, but I suggest to make all plural form
messages fuzzy now using a script, replace with the new header. When a
translator will want to correct plural forms KBabel will create the new
fields (6 instead of 4), and he/she will add the new forms based on the
fuzzied message.