Re: new member..

Ali El Dada wrote:
Hello everybody..

I am a Lebanese studying for my Master's degree in Sweden, and I came across arabeyes while searching for something regarding my thesis work here at the University.. I am actually working within the Language Technology group and my work is to implement the Arabic Grammar, but I won't speak more about that right now, if interested I'll chat some more later!
Good luck with your studies! Arabic Grammar, nice! After you get your degree could you please release your work under the GPL?

So I wanted to be able to type arabic letters from within KDE and did a google search which lead me to arabeyes' work on Arabic, and I found it really interested and impressive, and I would really like to join, as a translator for now. (But btw I still didn't figure out how to type Arabic letters in KDE cause the post on Arabeyes that I saw said that you can but didn't say how, so if you can help please do!).

I use Linux-Mandrake, supports arabic out of the box (just tell it to use arabic in "Configure Your Desktop" (KDE control center), in Accessibilty -> Keyboard Layout, Add an Arabic Keyboard.
So what is the procedure? Any recommended project to start on? I saw that the KDE translation project is 99% done, so what other projects shall I work on and how? I always use CVS so that's no problem. Thanks in advance..

Ali El Dada