Re: Usable arabic font

--- Chahibi Youssef <chahibi at gmail dot com> wrote:
> 1- Test tahoma, you'll be sure that it persuades that it's possible to
> have a good arabic font
> 2- Test ClearU, ugly gnu font but proportional to latin characters
> 3- Test Roya, looks like a less simplified Tahoma, good, but not
> proportional latin characters
> 4- Install Fontforge, play with it.
> 5- I am ready to make an easy to read lightweight arabic-latin font
> based on the good gnu fonts ( roya, kacst, arabeyes, farsi ...), are
> you ready to help me ?

Do make sure to test thoroughly any and all fonts you produce (it is
not simply encodings and glyphs/characters - various tables need to
be updated (GSUB, etc)).  It would be best to talk about this on the
'general' list as this directly relates to the 'khotot' project.

BTW: Keep up the great work, the more font expertise we have the better !!