Re: arabic man pages, is it possible?

--- khaled ghetas <dr dot khaled dot hosny at gmail dot com> wrote:
>    This my first message to the doc mailing list.
>    I'm a new member and want to participate in localizing GNU/Linux
>    and in helping spread it among Arabs.

Great, welcome aboard !

>    I think translating man pages is a good thing and it will provide good
>    help for Arabic users. But is it possible. If it is possible, how can
>    we use it? I mean can we use the command 'man lilo' for example or in
>    the case of Arabic maybe 'man lilo.ar' (or ar.lilo)?

A couple of people have posted about this topic on this list in the past
(do please check Arabeyes' search engine on its webpage and/or google for
the info).  Here is a thread worth pursuing [1] (the link(s) within are dated
though), you should certainly contact the author 'Moayyad Al-Sadi' to come
up to speed on his findings and do please relay the info back (and hopefully
document it for the benefit of others),

[1]  http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2004/January/msg00066.html