Re: D-I & OOo translation projects coordination

Quoting Ossama Khayat (okhayat at yahoo dot com):
> Salam,
> I've been working on these two projects for a fair amount of time and would
> like to be main coordinator for them, rather than just being a contributor.
> By being the coordinator, I'd like to learn more about the ins and outs of
> project administration and coordination in general.

About D-I, I will mention that it would be a great enhancement. Ossama
is already recorded in my own data as "contact for Arabic" when it
comes at coordination of the Debian Installer translations.

So, having Arabeyes appointing him officially would indeed make
the theory fit with reality.

Moreover, this would give me more motivation for leaving him the task
os synchronising both repositories..:-)

I also mention that I took the liberty of mentioning Ossama's name
when I have been asked by the organisers of the annual Debian
conference for people who should/could be sponsored for attending the
conference (sorry, Ossama, I forgot mentioning this to you and thus
you received a mail which may have been a surprise for you).

I think that it would be great having someone from Arabeyes and, even
better, having someone who could give a talk about support for
bidirectional languages and the specifics of Arabic. This is also an
occasion for meeting a big part of the Debian community and exchanging
ideas.