Re: Gimp Translation

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:06:33 +0300, DAIF AL-OTAIBI <d4d at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> Well, I didn't know that Gimp is part of Gnome (is it really part of Gnome).
> When I browsed gimp.org and gnome.org and even Arabeyes.org projects I could
> not find any Arabic translation for Gimp, then I started translation one
> week ago and I think I will need only 3 weeks to complete full translation
> for gimp.po  gimp-plug-ins.po etc. I checked your CVS translation I think it
> is good but old and some files are fuzzy or rough. My translation is new
> (current Gimp 2.2.3). I know it isn't complete but (in my opinion) the
> translated entries are the most important and they appear many times for
> user.
>
> Now, my questions are
> First, How can I help?

Join Arabeyes (do you have an Arabeyes username?), and the Gnome
project. Arafat Medini is the Gnome coordinator and can help you in
that regard. If you only want to work on GIMP and nothing else on
Gnome thats fine too.

Arafat, if your reading this, can you sync just the GIMP files with
the latest version from the mothership CVS? Also can you shed some
light on whether or not GIMP is actually part of the Gnome project or
if we are just putting it with Gnome for simplicity?

> Second, Why you are writing in English .Is writing in Arabic not allowed?

On all the Arabeyes mailing lists except the doc list, only English is
allowed. This is simply because many who read our mailing lists are
non-Arabic speakers. As for the doc list (this list) which is mainly
for translators, Arabic is allowed, and even encouraged. We do not
have a policy to enforce this though and we let people write in Arabic
or English according to their preference.

Abdulaziz,