Re: Solutions Linux 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:47:39 +0100, Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian dot org> wrote:

> As a conclusion, I have the feeling that some huge "manpower" lies in
> the Maghreb community for participating in Arabic
> localization. Remember that Arabic is estimated to be now the second
> language spoken in France and the link between Maghreb countries and
> France is still (and will remain) very strong. So, as a conclusion,
> there is a great opportunity here for getting more involvement in
> Arabic localisation and I sincerely hope that a great progress will be
> made in next years.

I think the main obstacle is the language. The first foreign language
spoken in the Maghreb is of course French. The fact that our website
and the lists are English-only is a serious issue. Hopefully, when
we'll have our website translated to Arabic, the audience will
probably get wider (throughout the Arab world in fact). I think that
ultimately we should also have a French version of the website.

Youcef R. Rahal