[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Firefox Arabization project
- To: Documentation and Translation <doc at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Re: Firefox Arabization project
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:52:08 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ColGvDJJFOOw0unsfuHVX31Vfi/lKC5Lsy4ulvXUVjuvdM/pFPRTqyBs63xFc1OW+RDKPLwo7GUgqDAEDJEOhkEyQj7tX9zIYntlG68nPM7mrM8mJVsLG7HDXQ/xiGoKtTj1e3RzxqBPX0IVx0vyKbjEVCmv16bNo2yscol33Kk= ;
--- alaa owaineh <s2ao at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> I'd like to help out with the Firefox Arabization
> project. I'm a complete novice when it comes to
> open-source projects, So you'll have to walk me
> through the basics.
Great, welcome aboard - I'm sure Ayman Hourieh will take
good care of you and show you the "ropes". The best way
to proceed is to read the various documents  and then
to have Ayman (Mozilla's maintainer) give you a couple of
files to translate which you then ought to mail them back
to him for review. Once all is well Ayman will recommend
you to get CVS commit access to write directly into the
repository (ie. "get your own wings" :-).
> I have a degree in computer science, and work with a
> tech consulting firm, but I know this doesn't say much
> about my programming skills (which are basic and
> rusty), but if it's anything like Java
> localization(probably is since its unicode-based) I
> wont have any problems.
> I'll be glad to give you 3-4 hours a week, let me
> know what I need to do next.
Wonderful. On this list (since it relates to translation)
you won't find much need for programming skills (except for
the occasional script here and there) and if you are also
interested in programming make sure to subscribe to the
'developer' list ('announce' and 'general' are a given :-)
BTW: do please also register  so that your account
username gets created to simplify the 'attaining
CVS commit' access step once you're ready.
Ayman, do please take care of Mr. Owaineh :-)
Welcome aboard and Salam.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around