Re: QaMoose v2.1

--- ghita tijani <gamor at gwu dot edu> wrote:
> I hope I am sending this email to the right email list. I just
> installed QaMoose v-2.1. When I run dict_create.pl , I get the
> following error message:
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>         LANGUAGE = "en_US:en",
>         LC_ALL = (unset),
>         LC_PAPER = "en_US",
>         LC_ADDRESS = "en_US",
>         LC_MONETARY = "en_US",
>         LC_SOURCED = "1",
>
> I am no sure wha is wrong.I have linux mandrake 10 installed with
> kde3.2.  I checked for the directory locale. I have
> under /user/share/locale, this include a directory en_US

It's been awhile since I've looked at the code so I'm going by memory here
(sorry in advance if I'm wrong)...  QaMoose and the underlying Wordlist use
UTF-8 as their encoding as such you will need to have a a UTF-8 locale
installed - I have 'en_US.utf8' and 'ar_AE.utf8' among others installed -
you should thus install a UTF-8 locale and proceed from there (hopefully
that will help).

> Please help. I really need an English-Arabic dictionary running on
> machine on I can go on with my work.

You should be able to use the online QaMoose [1] and MiniQ [2] which
uses the dictd protocol.

> I also have another issue. I cannot edit Arabic in a console. You
> have so many products that I was not sure about what i really need
> to installed.

This question was answered a few minutes ago and I CC'ed the "developer"
list in case others have the same queries.

[1] http://qamoose.arabeyes.org
[2] http://qamoose.arabeyes.org/miniQ.cgi

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail