Re: registering an .org

--- Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle at freenet dot de> wrote:
> There are some Open-Source Associations (eingetragene Vereine) already.
> If the "Finanzamt" claim we CAN sell our software, the around 70% of
> all Associations in Germany can do it too.
>
> The Term "Open-Source-Software" and "GPL" with an explanation should
> be enough to get our "Arabeyes e.V." running.
>
> If you need help, please let me know.

It would be best,

 1. To take these reports and emails to the 'forum' mailing-list
    (it is certainly more appropriate there).
 2. For both of you (ie. Arafat and Michelle and others?) to
    communicate more frequently either via email/IRC or even
    phone (you're both in .de after all and if cost is an issue
    give skype or similar a try).  We really need to know if
    registering Arabeyes as a non-profit is doable without
    the various delays/costs/etc mentioned.

Thanks and Salam -- hope to hear more soon.