salam

From: Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa>
To: Documentation and Translation <doc at arabeyes dot org>
CC: Ahmed Allam <ahmed_computer at hotmail dot com>
Subject: Re: Translate KDE
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 00:56:00 -0400

On Yaum al-Arbi'a 21 Sha`ban 1425 07:44 pm, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> which I hope you read thoroughly and since unfortunately Isam never
> replied to your direct request (as he is the KDE maintainer), I'd
> suggest you start working on the translation of the following modules
> (in the order listed),
>
>   kdeartwork/desktop_kdeartwork
>   kdeartwork/klock
>   kdeartwork/kxsconfig

Surely the matter is not as easy as this if you care to do a useful
translation that won't be thrown at the time it completes. You need the
people here to tell you how to checkout the 'hidden' branch and do a sync
before this. The files that you can see in Arabeyes.org status page and cvs
web interface doesn't reflect the latest branch but an old one (3.2) that
should be freezed by now. If you care to compare it with the original KDE
repository, you will find even the number of the strings is now different.

Many files in arabeyes KDE cvs is not sync'ed yet
(for some months now). Other files are .pot in KDE repository which we have
translated 100% waiting for arabeyes gentle hands to upload it. If Isam is
busy, arabeyes should do this until he comes back or why then we need
arabeyes to take KDE translation responsibility?! To complicate things?!

I am not blaming any one here. Every one has his own
priorities but to say that KDE translation is lacking behind while arabeyes
hosting its translation exclusively and don't have time to do a sync is not
fair at all. I only care about this project because I have done a serious
effort before and was willing to do more but nothing is encouraging. BTW, I
sent some messages regarding this topic before here and no one even cared to
respond.

> Once you are done translating them, please upload them somewhere on
> the internet (ie. to a website somewhere) and let know us where
> to grab 'em from...

And pray you have a better luck than mine.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA