Translate KDE

On 15 Sep, 2004 - Ahmed Allam <ahmed_computer at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> I am ahmed allam from egypt...i heared about your project of linux
> arabisation. I started using linux recently .. in fact I have been
> using it for 1 year now..and i know much about it.
>
> So I would like to join you guys at the translation section...
> I got 100 out of 130 at the elpet exam of the AUC and that's
> a good score. I hope I could join and help.

and later...

> I am ahmed allam from egypt, 18 years old. I would like to join
> the linux arabization project as a translator. I had education
> in both arabic and ebglish language and i have a good experience
> in them. I would like to start translating......and join you.
> So please can u assign me a task...at any project.....i am
> interested in translating KDE's interface.

Ahmed, Post replying with the need to read the translator's guide [1]
which I hope you read thoroughly and since unfortunately Isam never
replied to your direct request (as he is the KDE maintainer), I'd
suggest you start working on the translation of the following modules
(in the order listed),

  kdeartwork/desktop_kdeartwork
  kdeartwork/klock
  kdeartwork/kxsconfig

Once you are done translating them, please upload them somewhere on
the internet (ie. to a website somewhere) and let know us where
to grab 'em from.  Once you do a few files and your work is checked
for correctness and content, you can then apply for a CVS account
(again noted in the reference below [1]).

[1] http://www.arabeyes.org/docs.php

Hope that helps - just don't give up on us and don't disappear !!

Feel free to ask questions...