Re: Correct sorting?

Quoting Ossama Khayat (okhayat at yahoo dot com):

> Since Sarge release is getting close and we want a clean installer for Debian,
> would be a good idea to _temporarily_ remove any stuff that could cause such
> stuff? After all, removing those shaddas and other harakat wouldn't affect the
> overall functionality and quality, at least for a console application, would
> it?

I can't promise anything on that matter : updates to most parts of the
Debian Installer *now* are likely to not go in the release as most
packages won't be rebuilt for the release (they have been built for
the RC2 release, which has now been branched as the "sarge" branch in
d-i SVNand is still under deep string freeze).

About console-data, I can make the suggested test : change
console-data's PO file, send it directely to me and I'll compile a new
package, a new d-i ISO and make a test with a snapshot on
console-data's screen.

BTW, about console-data, the very last version of the package included
an Arabic and a Persian keymaps. Those were grabbed in the bicon
package. They are not used during the install process (d-i defaults to
US keyboard for both languages....but one can choose any keyboard
map....but not ar and fa) but they are available on the installed
system.

These keymaps probably need more testing : if some of you run Debian
unstable, just "dpkg-reconfigure console-data" and choose the ar.kmap
keymap from there.