Re: Translation Bug

On Friday 21 May 2004 07:43 am, Youcef Rabah Rahal wrote:
> On Friday 21 May 2004 19:21, Munzir Taha wrote:
> > kcontrol -> FontInstaller ->
> > you see Location: fonts:/Personal/ as the name of the folder that
> > contains the personal installed fonts. This is a folder name and
> > shouldn't be translated. The situation now is fonts:/شخصي/
> > which doesn't work of course
>
> If this string should not be translated then it should not be in the PO
> file in the first place. And this should be reported to the KDE guys
> directly, not the translators.

Can you grep the files and tell me which .po file is responsible so I can
report it.

> However, why do you conclude that such folder name should not be translated
> ? Is that a system directory ?

Actually it's not a folder name but a link to the ~/.fonts folder.
Typing fonts:/Personal works where as fonts:/شخصي doesn't work in knoqueror. I
am not sure what is this font protocol(?) but this translation somehow broke
the link to the .fonts folder. Any help?

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA