Re: preliminary gnome plan

--- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:
> Here is my preliminary gnome plan for the coming months.

Thank you Arafat for taking the time to do this - it was/is very informative.

In short - here is the schedule/deadlines as they relate to Gnome (correct
me if any of this is wrong) - I just wanted to put the info forth in an
outline form that is easier to read/comprehend.

  Date         Event
 ------------+------------------------------------------------------
  19 Jul 04    [External]: API freeze
               [Internal]: Start on new string translations (if any)
  30 Aug 04    [External]: Release Candidate 1 (RC1) tarballs due
               [Internal]: All translation work to cease (ie. DONE date)
               [Internal]: Testing complete on Arabic translations
                           done locally.
  15 Sep 04    [External]: Release version-2.6 (??)
               [Internal]: Send out presents to various key translators
  16 Sep 04    [Internal]: Present/Send-out new plan :-)

I hope I captured what you noted and sorry if I didn't.  Again the point
is to be brief and to the point - you want people to see a table or a
chart and KNOW exactly what is coming up, when, where and what is to be
done.  Once a plan and a schedule is set in place then its time to harp
and remind people about it :-)

Salam and thanks again.