Re: Gnome & OpenOffice.org translation projects' errors

Hello Arafat:

I had the same problem. Gtranslator royally messed up with my encoding of the file rendering it useless.

Anmar

Arafat Medini wrote:
I went through the at-pi.po and this is a very famous problem and a very
nifty one too.
Gtranslator seems to be boerked, it messed with many of my files and
changed their encoding from utf-8 to some iso coding which makes the
file unusable.
Fixing this error is a little bit nifty and takes time. On one side, you
under estimate many things. I can't make a utf checkout every time I
upload a file. Think about uploading a file >10 times to the arabeyes
server and 3 or 4 times to the gnome server and doing every time a check
out, writing logs etc...
for daily use this is not pratical. And the truth is very few do it.
Still I have to point out I didn't knew about it till I got this problem
with a po uploaded to the gnome server. And the fault is not mine it's
gtranslators which is simply a bad written app!

yours
Arafat