Re: CVS: translate/mandrake Conventions used..?

Salam,

On Monday 15 March 2004 10:49, ahmad khalifa wrote:
> fixed that header thing, finished the file...

Cool ! Thanks !

> Ossama Khayat, noted on IRC that i should ask for the translation of
> "<control> Q"...?
> i just copied it as it is... is that the right way to do it...??

Well, I used to translate Control by تحكّم... It is anyway the word suggested
by the ALECSO http://www.slis.uwm.edu/alecso/. I'm not sure now anymore.
Anyway, copying the string as is won't harm the app ;)
All the files need a reviews (incrementally).

> anyway i have a few more...
> - Resolution. -> Qarar ?

ALECSO suggests تمييز I personally prefer دقّة. But these issues need a
discussion within QAC.

> - Path -> Mamarr or Tareeq ??
مسار، درب....
Again --> QAC ;-)

> - Entry -> Segell ?

 You can also consider مدخل.
But it depends on the context too.

> - Where is the KASRA on the Keyboard..???

On my AZERTY keyboard, it is on SHIFT+C.

> whats next..?

Fedora !

You can start right away with fedora/redhat-menus.pot !

To summarize for Fedora:

Ossama   K.: anaconda.po/up2date.po (as soon as mdk is done ;-)
Muhammad K.: autorun.pot
Mojtaba  E.: firstboot.pot
Ahmad    K.: redhat-menus.pot

Salam and keep up the great work.