Re: l4a poll

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 21:10, Mohammed Yousif wrote:
> On Monday 15 March 2004 17:40, Arafat Medini wrote:
> > Salam all,
> >
> > The poll ended (theoretically) today with a 85% for masdar and a 15% for
> > fi3l amr which is crazy!
> >
> > with 105 ppl who contributed I want to ask Isam to tell all these ppl
> > that their contribution was not aesthetic and will be used for the work,
> > this is REAL democraty! YEY! I really hope we can use this BIG potential
> > of users to test gnome for eg. etc...
>
>   hmm, too bad, I'm all for fi3l al-amr, I really should have voted.

 Oh yeah, sometimes democracy is not the best way of doing things.
 Sometimes, users don't know what is best for them (especially when they
 are influenced by Microzift's monopoly).
 And of course sometimes it's best to translate words the way _their_ authors
 intended them to be.

 Hey, it's like not following the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard just because
 most (windows to be specific) users don't like it and voted against it as
 they want to see the more familiar 'Windows' and 'Program Files' directories!

--
ولا أظلــم ابـن العـم إن كان إخـوتـي
شــهـوداً وقد أودى بإخــــوتـه الدهــر