Re: Wordlist Roadmap

On Saturday 13 March 2004 12:42, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> How about a systematic way to do this.  How about everytime a NEW
> words file is completed AND at least one golden file is completed
> (with multi-translations) we release (since from what I gathered
> Mr. Al-Rasheedan is on multi's and Mr. Khayat is on NEW) ?  I realize
> we only care about the golden files, but we need to get from under
> the NEW files' shadow.

I was dual purpose until I finished new_Z and I am just on
multi on the letter A. I guess the same applies for Osama.

> Since we have roughly 80,000 terms, with your suggestion we'd have
> 80,000/100 = 800 more releases ?  Don't think so :-)
>
> So how about this, complete the multi's on _A and on _Z and we'll
> release then we can enact a new rule (suggestion above) and go
> from there.
>
> Thoughts/comments/ideas ?

I am all for a new release when a letter file has multiple translations.
Those releases should be in the 0.0x magnitude and not a major release.
I think new_files should be left alone and we should provide a translation
to a _word_ in the new_files if found in dictd_log.

My 2c.
--
Ahmad Al-rasheedan (http://webhost.fasttelco.com/asr)