Re: Translate even with a limited available time

Salam,

On Friday 05 March 2004 18:46, ahmad khalifa wrote:

> >If I may add, these 20 minutes can also be used to
> >review 100% translated files, if you don't feel like
> >translating.
> >
> >Ossama

My first concern is 'translating the untranslated' :-) We have a psychological
barrier we need to overtake.

> if i also may add, i think this thread is better off directed at
> Non-Arabeyes members... because arabeyes members are
> either already here doing something, or they're not doing
> anything (and i dont think they will)... so it'd be better if
> you rewrite that same message and post it all over Social
> Forums and chat rooms...

Again, _my personal preference_ goes to those who already know Linux. And it
is NOT a full-time work: 20 minutes/day. I hope everyone can 'donate' such
little time, even if they are working on something else...  Ahmad, would you
like to translate ?

> - example: rewrite it, and post a message on
>   masrawy.com's forum asking for people to help their
>   community, and introduce people to linux and its free DL
>   sites
>
> you just need a nice message like yours but it should be
> persuasive and not talk about commitment or cvs, just
> get some people to try translating some POs and send
> them back to you by email...
>
> i think one of the problems is the need to advertise linux,
> and introduce people to it...
>
> if you'd like i could google for other forums and give you
> a list, or post the message myself, if you write it, cuz im
> not into writing...

Yeah, why not, that would be nice ! Read above though. Even if I think that
we'll inevitably post messages on forums (a thing which have already been
done in the past, if I'm not mistaken), I think that it will take time to get
all the interested people actually working, help them start and supervising
them.

We need people that can start working NOW !

I'm still waiting for replies................................

Salam,

- --
Youcef R. Rahal
Arabeyes.org