Re: About: Arabeyes Forgoes Fedora Arabic Translation Project

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 02:57, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
> Seems I am developing an allergy to statements delivered in the 30th of June.

Just the 30th? ;)

> Sorry for that, but it is effectively your word that counts (your includes core
> as well as translators).

Not really. If the people who contributed the most said no, I promise
you, core would not override it. However, the people who did the bulk of
the translation were consulted and have agreed to this. They are free to
speak up and identify themselves (but a quick look at the CVS repository
would reveal who they are).

> This does not exclude our participation as individuals, I presume.

Of course not.

> What is more important for us here at arabeyes is the participation policy for
> outside institutions, which I hope has not transformed into replying to KACST
> and Fedora, as these are special cases. I was expecting it today. Personally, I
> appreciate that you are not releasing that at 30/6, but please release it asap.

It's coming, it is coming ;) But because we all know about your
allergies to 30/6 we postponed it till the raw notes are transformed
into a proper document ;) Seriously though, most of it has been written
but not 'refined' enough to be put into a document. We will then put it
up for discussion, get a concensus and move on.

Speaking of which, I am still waiting for your proposals/suggestions of
"radical" changes to Arabeyes. I didn't forget ;)

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |