Re: KACST translation/Arabeyes

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 11:59:26PM +0200, Arafat Medini wrote:
> <We will hopefully
> <come up with a scheme by the end of today's core meeting (everyone
> <welcome to attend [1]).
>
> IMHO, this is not only a core problem. Translators have a big role in something
> like this as they are directly concerned about this and cz they have to set the
> standards for future work.

What 'core' would set is the guidelines for contributions from 3rd
parties. This does not change that the project maintainer is again, the
maintainer -- so he/she sets the rules for the given project. The beauty
of Arabeyes is that project maintainers have a great autonomy in how
they want to do their work. With that being said, core is simply there
to facilitate the higher level communication, not the specifics.

When you see the document we are working on, you will see that it will
not get in the way of how you want to maintain the GNOME project for
example. In fact, it is 'core's responsibility to _ensure_ that such 3rd
party contributions do NOT get in the way of how you maintain your
project and that you have the final say in the project as a maintainer ;)

> I think yes we have to accept extern contributions
> (IMHO that's more then normal, it's as said great)
> under our umbrella but where is the framework that reflects
> our ecosystem to guide the whole.

A bit off-topic, I love the word 'ecosystem' ;) It made me laugh the
first time and I'm just loving it ;) Once again, "ArafatMadSpeak(tm)" sets a
new standard of terminology ;)

later
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |