Re: Great news: KACST is going to begin working in translation next week

On Yau al-Thulatha 04 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 02:29 pm, Arafat Medini wrote:
> Salam,

Salaam

> How much does your work integrate in open source philosophy?

It's Free, GPL, Open, ...

> And what is
> our position in this.

We want to translate GNU/Linux project and coordinate with you because you
have done great job in the past and ask for your help in case any issue
arises. What else can I do for you?

> Starting from that point, the following points are important for ME (for
> Arafat Medini):
>
> * A transparent overview of your work

I mentioned every detail asked about in my reply to Nadim. Ask me any thing I
would reply.

> The problem here is not that I have to speak polite with you or not, the
> problem is TOTALLY different. I don't have anything against you. BUT I
> want to know what you are doing!!! I mean this is OPEN SOURCE with OPEN
> before the source.

I think we have some comfusion here. Though I would reply to any question with
regard to the subject, I don't see the Open in Open source imply by any means
the some of details you are asking about. You may ask where we work, or how
many are us and what's the facilities we have, ... but this is not the
Openness in GNU/Linux. I know of many many open source projects that are
supported by companies that don't reveal its identity at all. Again we don't
have something to hide at all. Just ask.

> Man, I am all for your work!!! I love you!!! if you want to hear this
> then ok, and with sugar upon it.

Yes, I want to hear it. I need to hear good words from time to time. ;)
Believe me your way of speaking in this message is much much better and
productive than your previous mails.

> But the questions are still present. Ok please and with sugar on it may
> you share with me your views and methods of working and the ppl you are
> working with?

Have i answered them all in my reply to Nadim?

> I got worried that after I spent too much work on "my" pos
> someone comes and gets them from me.

We are not going to do  this. It's open. If we do any thing you don't like you
can change it the other day. But please keep in mind the great work you have
done is not going to vanish even if some one comes and removed your name. We
are going to die. Soonder or later someone would come and say I don't want to
see names like in newspapers in the header of .po files. Just leave the last
ten names. Our names will be erased but the value and the THAWAB in the
thereafter will remain and forever and this should be our mentality.

> I am all for getting everything done by KACST, but simply work WITH
> Arabeyes not under Arabeyes. cz you indeed can slip out of Arabeyes ;)

Sure, I can. I am here because I believe in the unification issue you
mentioned.

> third ,
>
> ppl who make these translations, like their work their projects, it's
> fun for them. When you come with your KACST dudes and do the whole then
> the Q would be what will the translator do? it's like having a hobby
> work and someone comes and makes a business from it.

Funny! First, I don't think we can do the whole thing and even if we can
updates remains an issue forever. Actually if we spent the whole month in the
wordlist we want finish it. I can't believe your point is don't translate
everything and leave us without something to translate. Are you serious?

If the Gnome people heard your viewpoint it would be an issue to them ;)

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA