Re: Great news: KACST is going to begin working in translation next week

On Yau al-Thulatha 04 Jumaada al-Awal 1425 07:26 am, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> --- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> > You can recommend this thing but not force it over me (like Mr. Elzubair
> > suggests. He told me he prefer and this a big difference). We reserve
> > yourself the freedom to register individually through arabeyes site or
> > not. Hey! come on,  if some one wants to translate something with his
> > brothers, friends, collegues, company,... he shouldn't be _forced_ to
> > _force_ them to register individually. Another Hey! Ahmed Al-rashideen,
> > please let your children register on arabeyes site so we can track which
> > word your elder son has translated and praise/blame him for this.
>
> Munzir - yet another example of BAD judgment on your side.

I also see it as a BAD judgement from you side

> I see no reason
> to mention Mr Al-Rasheedan and/or his children (I personally took offense
> to this more so than your other gag) for something that obviously multiple
> people don't understand nor comprehend.

Mr. Al-Rasheedan has mentioned this in the list before. It's not something
offensive at all except to you. If Mr. Al-Rasheedan thinks it's offensive he
won't mention it!!!!

> If you can't explain your views
> and actions, please don't drag other people into this esp when they are
> as innocent and as unassuming as those mentioned.

To mention that some one else is helped by his family = dragging people
to ... !!!

Nadim, I began to believe that I and you has born and grown in different and
cultures. What you see offensive I see as normal. I don't know how to solve
this except may be we needn't to reply to each other. Try to let others speak
of themselves. If someone complained to you it's ok but assuming that what
you understand is true and speaking in behalf of others need a stop with
yourself.

> I think you need to state outright who these people are,

translators brought by kacst. If you need info regarding their CVS or their
salaries in order to accept their contribution you can send a message to
kacst asking them it's not my business.

> what arrangements
> have been made

they are working at KACST building at Riyadh. I can describe the exact place
in case you want to reach them if you want.  I will help them with technical
issues.

> by whom

The department of research and computer which is headed by Prof Fayz and Dr.
Alkanhal. Just log to http://ceri.kacst.edu.sa/ for more info regarding them.

> and why,

to support Arabic.

>  etc.

I am not going to invent questions. Just ask.

> > I have just checked out the kde repository from the main KDE site, I will
> > send a message to sysadmin at kde dot org with my encrypted password to get a
> > cvs account. I am sure he won't ask me whether I will translate it alone
> > or with others. In case he refers me to your site I will explain to him
> > the whole story and sure he won't mind giving one more account to a group
> > that will finish KDE translation in matter of days.
>
> Last I checked we already had a KDE maintainer - has this changed ?  If
> it has by who's order (where is the 'core' discussion ?) and if it hasn't
> why isn't this done via him ?

ask him. If he has time to come and help us it's great. If he can't then
simply you can say ok munzir no need to do it yourself I will take care of it
and syn daily. I will reply ok thank you for removing some headache from me.
sync from arabeyes repository to KDE main repository is a headache in case
other (and there are) commited directly to the main repository. KACST just
want to make sure their work won't be lost due to such a problem.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA