[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Status of Debian Project
- To: Documentation and Translation <doc at arabeyes dot org>
- Subject: Status of Debian Project
- From: anmar oueja <anmar at canada dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:52:53 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6 (X11/20040605)
I will be providing a weekly update on each project I am maintaining
(Debian, Arabbix, OpenOffice)
As some of you know, Debian New installer is now patched to support bidi
and shaping for Arabic. In light of that change, the Debian project at
arabeyes switched into high gear. Here are the status:
1. Currently, Debian installer release RC1 does not have the bidi patch
but the next one RC2 should have it. I will let you know once it is
released so you can test it.
2. Installer is broken into 3 stages.
- Stage 1 is 55% translated to Arabic.
- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj
- Ossama Khayat
- Want to add your name here, let me know (on the doc list) and I will
assign you some files
are working on the Debian installer Arabic translation.
- Please ignore stage 2 and stage 3 as they are dependent on a NON-bidi
slang package. Since the slang package is part of the frozen Debian base
system, it is going to be difficult to replace the old slang with the
new slang-bidi package. A requisition has been placed but it is
difficult to guess the outcome. I will let you know if there is a vote
available on that subject or if anything changes
3. There is talk to starting a new debian-l10n-bidi list for all
translators of bidi languages (i.e. RTL). I have sent an email to doc
list soliciting for ideas
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to voice them on
doc mailing list. Please confine all your questions and discussion
regarding Debian New Installer to doc mailing list.